Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Greek Yogurt Memoirs


You can never really be sure what small details of foreign travels will stick with you for years to come. For me, our trip to Greece will always be specially marked by the creamiest, freshest-tasting yogurt.

It is custom in Greece for a complimentary dish of yogurt topped with honey to be served after your meal. They believe it helps "settle" your meal in your stomach - which, of course, we would refer to as avoiding indigestion. Whatever you wanna call it, I'm on board. First, it's complimentary. That means free. Who doesn't like free? Second, it's tasty. In fact, it's the best yogurt I've ever had in my entire life.

I'm sure it's partially the best yogurt I've ever had because I enjoyed it most mornings at this table...


With this view...


This morning I finally opened a container of FAGE 2% - it was recommended to us as the closest thing this side of the pond to "real" Greek yogurt. Man, for a few seconds I was right back at that table enjoying the view.

Go Greek!

No comments:

Post a Comment