Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bright + White

Just because I'm kind and generous and I know none of you have anything else you need to be doing, I thought I might share with you my latest blog addiction.  This is for all you home design lovers:  The Style Files

It's a little eclectic for my tastes sometimes, but most of the rooms and houses featured are so airy, sparse and bright that it immediately makes me want to pack my bags and head for the Netherlands, or the south of France, or wherever that home might be.


Modern Rustic Kitchen


Holiday Home in the South West of France


Mexican Kitchen


Paris Living Room

See what I mean?  Aren't you just drawn into these rooms?  One thing they all seem to have in common is beautiful natural light.  Living in an older home is making me appreciate how newer houses are almost all built to let in as much light as possible.  And why wouldn't you?  I've never understood people who could live with their blinds down all the time.  I feel physically ill if I don't see daylight for 80% of the day.  The only way I survived at a desk job when I had one was that it was a) part time and b) near a window.  And while we're on the subject of light... have you noticed the trend towards WHITE homes? I'm loving it!  Talk about playing up your natural light...one of the fastest ways to brighten up a room is a fresh coat of white or neutral paint.

More from the Style Files . . .



I just want to know how you keep a space like this clean?



They even painted the wooden beams white and it looks so rustic and pretty with the natural floors.



Notice here those four unpainted beams in the center of the ceiling, 
and the little pop of color the mirror adds, bottom right.


And this one is from Pinterest . . . 












                                                            Source: granvillehouse.blogspot.com via Laurel on Pinterest



By the time we have the funds and the work ethic to build our own home or buy and renovate an old one, I wonder if my tastes will have changed?  I told Tim earlier today, "It's white walls, concrete floors, and no clutter for this girl!"  We'll see.  I do have a thing for color...

No comments:

Post a Comment