Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Face Time

Every Friday I blog for Sunday Hatch. This week's post is below.

Tuesday I had my first EVER facial. I have really sensitive skin, and have forever struggled with hormonal acne, so I've always been hesitant to get any kind of spa facial treatments. I know that seems backwards, because lots of women who have acne use facials to help maintain their skin, but I guess I was nervous it would only irritate my skin even more. I'm happy to say there was absolutely nothing irritating about it, except maybe the fact that they endlessly plugged their products. My skin feels clean and exfoliated, and definitely smoother than usual. Of course, I would love for it to feel this good all the time, but I don't have hundreds of extra bucks lying around to throw at spa facials. So I decided to play the game "make a facial concoction from things I have at home." As I hunted around, I found this recipe, and thought it was perfect because I have all three ingredients on hand!




The Ingredients

Age Avengers
Blackberries deliver even more antioxidants than blueberries do.
Main Squeeze

The vitamin C and natural enzymes in fresh citrus help brighten the skin.
The Bee's Knees

A mild antiseptic, honey gently exfoliates, promotes tissue growth, and seals in moisture.

The Instructions
Step 1
In a blender, combine 2 tablespoons plain yogurt and 2 tablespoons honey, and pulse until fully combined.
Step 2
Add 1/4 cup mixed berries, pureeing until smooth, then add 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
Step 3
Using your hands, apply mixture to a clean, dry face. Let mask sit 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse face thoroughly with warm water and pat dry.


We all need a little face time, sometimes.



No comments:

Post a Comment