Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Upside Down, Left to Right


Sorry Folks, I am getting behind. The last few weeks I have had to write my FWF posts for Sunday Hatch several days in advance, since I've either been hosting guests or had weekend plans, but I keep forgetting to cross post. So here is last Friday's post for Sunday Hatch, and regular posts will now resume!




One of a great many things Danielle Goates (of Sunday Hatch). and I have in common and have connected over is our shared appreciation of Paper Goods and Printing Techniques. Of these, I think we both share a deep love of Letterpress work. We've both worked at paper stores (boutique - not Dunder Mifflin) and up close and personal with different types of paper, printing, and designs.

Letterpress is a perfect example of how sometimes the old way of doing things is still the best way. Even though it takes longer, requires more human effort, and isn't necessarily as reliable as other printing methods, every letter-pressed page is slightly different from any other. I love the uniqueness and the evident handiwork in the craft. It thrills me to see old methods revisited. We are so quick to move on to the next best, faster, brighter, clearer product. Sometimes we forget that beautiful and meaningful might take a little longer to achieve and require a bit more work, but is entirely worth it.

And well, isn't that true for most things in life?  Slow down a little... enjoy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment