Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

twelve.twelve.twelve


Did you know that today is the last of the triple digit dates... in our life time? We won't see triple digits again until January 1, 2101. If I lived till then, I would be 115 years old. I really hope I don't. I will just have to take advantage of tomorrow, I suppose, and do something exciting. Like actually put on real pants, instead of pajamas.

Despite this momentous day falling on a Wednesday this year, there has apparently been a swell of people rushing (and planning well in advance) to be married on this once in a lifetime numerical date. The reason? "It's a once in a lifetime opportunity."

Hmmm. Isn't getting married to the person you love THE once in a lifetime opportunity? I know I semi-cared what day I got married on, and I certainly picked numbers that I liked - since I had a choice. But waiting for several years to get married on a certain date? That comment just struck me as a little funny.

It will be even funnier if the world really does end on 12/21/2012. But I guess no one will be laughing then.

Well good luck to all of those getting hitched, and to the man who will be celebrating his 100th birthday, and seeing 12/12/12 for the second time in his life!

Happy 12/12/12!

No comments:

Post a Comment