Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

June Weddings

So much has happened in the last month.  I've been joking that I don't know how I ever would have been able to keep a "normal" job this summer.  I've been traveling or on vacation so much of the time, I feel like we've hardly been home.  When I haven't been on trips or visiting my beautiful nephew, I've had visitors of my own!

In June, we attended two weddings.  The first was a first for me: a double wedding of twin sisters!  Tim's twin sister cousins decided to have a double wedding.  I coordinated the weekend, so we were working hard the whole time.


Two days later we left for San Francisco for a week of vacation!  Our friends Tim S. & Caitlin were getting hitched on Treasure Island, and there was no way we were going to miss it.  We headed out the Tuesday before, to spend a few days seeing one of our favorite cities in the world, and getting some R&R.  Unfortunately, our trip was riddled with minor disasters: I got strep throat the first day we were there, we missed our Hot Air Balloon flight over Napa Valley, we had to change hotels due to noise and general crappiness, Tim lost his iPhone, etc.  Despite all the really crazy things that went down, we still had a wonderful time and were so happy to be present for our dear friends' marriage.  You can't beat the 40 degree difference in temperature, either!

We spent the first day exploring the wharf, and Golden Gate park, and then I started to get sick.  That first night was pretty awful - our hotel was so noisy and I felt awful.  I got antibiotics the following day and started to feel better within 8 hours, but our priorities the second day were to find a nice hotel and to rest.  So I really didn't take many pictures the first two days we were there, and then it was time for wedding fun!  But here's some photo documentation of the trip.




























Reunited with our personal mascot: the Golden Gate Bridge.  A little over 5 years ago, we met on a road trip to San Francisco.  The planner of said road trip? Our mutual friend Tim S. whose wedding we are now back in San Francisco to attend!  Where did Tim S. meet his (now) wife?  At that wedding we we road tripped to five years ago!  That weekend was a weekend of loooooove.


Napa View on our Wine Tasting Tour.

photo by www.jrichardstudios.com
Four-ever friends!  From South Africa to San Francisco.

photo by www.jrichardstudios.com
The wedding party and +Ones on the Wine Tour at Groth Vineyards.  I didn't get the "wear a dress" memo.

photo by www.jrichardstudios.com
On this private tour I tasted a grape off the vine (not recommended), the wine fermenting (shown here), and two wines aging in the barrel.  Then we tasted it in bottled, sellable condition.  It was quite a journey.


Rehearsal Dinner Fun Fiesta Style.

photo by www.jrichardstudios.com

























Old Friends & New Friends.  I love when that happens at weddings.


photo by www.jrichardstudios.com


























The "Texas crowd" at the wedding.  Great people and beautiful Bride & Groom.


We had one night left after all the wedding shenanigans were complete.  We checked into our boutique hotel in Tiburon, on the north side of the bay, had an amazing dinner at a little hole-in-the-wall Italian resturant, and got a great night's sleep after watching the sunset on the deck.  Pictured above: one of our wine purchases from Napa, my dessert from Don Antonio's, and our view from Water's Edge Hotel deck (facing San Fran's cityscape).

All that is why we look so relaxed and happy here the next morning, on our last day....



Aaaaaah sunshine that isn't accompanied by 100+ degrees with 99% humity.
I am wearing a SWEATER here... and a scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment