No Facebook means more blogging. All the dozens of small updates and thoughts and ideas that get shared on Facebook each day will now be funneled into the blog. Here are a few thoughts from the last few days, in no particular order:
- I wonder if a study has been done to show if I am helping the environment more by using a lot of water to wash and reuse Ziploc bags, or just recycling them after one use?
- This article on the dangers of Diet Soda. I used to get so sick of people who thought they were besting my Dr. Pepper habit by drinking the diet version. Yeah, right. Read up, Suckers!
- I am going to be playing a LOT of Words With Friends this month. If you'd like to help me stay Facebook-free by challenging me to a word duel, my username is lolawhiteout.
- Even more than at Mitt Romney's, did I chuckle at this Bad Lip Reading: NFL Version. That is about how seriously I take NFL Football. Or football of any kind. Or sports, period.
- I whine all the time about how Texas winters aren't long enough. Then I'm still eager to start sunbathing on the first day of February. And a little (secretly) sad when it still gets cold again.
- For as much as I LOVE LISTS and making lists, and crossing things off lists... I hate making grocery lists. I hate meal planning. Blech.
- How is $100.00 per person per household a feasible amount to spend on groceries a month? I guess this government set average is only for people who don't buy organic, fresh foods. Maybe if all we ate were cans of tuna this would work. Not happenin'.
- Danielle confirmed what I always knew would be true for me (the virgin-snow skier): if you're not athletic skiing ruins your ski vacation. Danielle just doesn't realize, or give herself credit for, how funny she is - so I'm doing it for her by quoting her here. One day I will also take credit for her being famous.
- Saul was speaking Hebrew at the end of Homeland Season 2 - not Arabic. Don't worry - this isn't a spoiler. If you haven't seen the finale, you won't have a clue what I'm talking about. But once you do, you will realize it's crucial to know the difference.
- I do not yet have the will power to make cookies and not eat all of them in one sitting. Further, I do not yet have the will power to make cookie dough, freeze the remainder for a "rainy day," and not make that "rainy day" be tomorrow.
- Married friends make your marriage so much better. And easier to deal with. This is such a huge revelation it will have to be a post of it's own one day.
- I love all the crazy, fun, delightful people I meet at weddings that I then become "friends" with. Even if it is mostly through facebook, my life is fuller because of them.
- I am no longer a grammar-Nazi. Let others who remember grade-school grammar more clearly, and with more energy take over. I am happy to silently judge.
- Three weeks is too long to go without seeing my nephew.
- I saw this quote on Pinterest "shitty situations inspire brilliant solutions." Let's hope so -- maybe we can avoid another 20 elementary school children being executed.
My brilliance for today's post ends there.