Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Take Heart Shop

via takeheartshop.com
If you live in Austin, one of my favorite little boutiques is over on East 11th Street, and you should go visit. If you don't live in Austin, plan a detour next time you're passing through. We discovered Take Heart on our first visit to Blue Dahlia, which also happens to be one of my favorite places to brunch (try the Belgian Waffles!). It's right next door to the restaurant in a modern building that caught Tim's eye, with cute signage and displays that caught my own. Nina is the owner, and she handpicks all the items sold in the store from local and non-local artisans. Much of the merchandise are handcrafted, unique items. With a tag line of Modern | Handmade | Vintage there's sure to be a little something for everyone: men, women, children, etc. Do check out the website for more pictures, and you can follow the blog to see what new items they are offering. They don't yet have an online shop up and running, but it's in the works.

via takeheartshop.com
What I love about this place is that it represents what I feel like the Austin art & craft scene is all about, without feeling too "Keep Austin Weird." What started as a funny phrase many, many years ago is now a bit cliche in parts of Austin. I love this shop for serving up quality finds in a beautiful and light-filled environment. The shopping experience is always a treat, and I'm usually inspired by handmade items that Nina is brave enough to chance resale on. Ultimately, Nina is a curator with a magical touch. I always know when I go in I'll find things I like, possibly gifts for other people, and there will be some consistent items right alongside new features every time.

It just makes your heart feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment